St Monica’s Trust is a not for profit Care provider, who have developed a unique blend of vibrant, welcoming retirement villages, complete with specialist care homes and support for older people in the places. Their focus, to put what matters to their residents and patients at the heart of what they do, is fully embraced in their most challenging and innovative project so far.
The Chocolate Quarter, with its amazing team of staff now operate in the transformed Fry’s Chocolate Factory in Keynsham, North Somerset. Developed into a modern, multi-purpose community care home, retail outlet and business premises to create a welcoming, luxurious and relaxing space for residents to live and retire in and for complementary businesses to grow.
As part of this, St Monica Trust required a flexible technology solution that could deliver communications, advertising and messaging across site but also TV and Entertainment Services for its residents, with scope to evolve as the needs of the venue changed.
Viewpoint have provided an Audio Visual technology solution for Retirement Luxury and we are supporting the Ageing Revolution working with St Monica’s Trust to raise the bar!
The site hosts Restaurants and Cafes, Hair Salons, Art and Pottery classes, a luxury Cinema, GP facilities, Gym and Spa, Meeting Rooms and Business Centre, Private Lounges and Gardens.
The Chocolate Quarter project is a groundbreaking innovation in Care in the UK, providing a dignified and warm community space for residents to grow older in. St Monica Trust, are well known for looking for innovative ways of delivering care, having taken the bold steps to introduce a playgroup into its facilities (Channel 4 documentary Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds).
We are proud to support this level of bold innovation, providing Samsung technology with our Partner Tripleplay’s IPTV solutions to deliver a number of digital services including;
• Live TV for residences with Tripleplay IPTV
• Resident communications and messaging with Tripleplay Digital Signage
• Movie content with Tripleplay VOD
• Broadcast TV packages via Tripleplay’s Interactive IPTV Portal
During our next phase, we hope to add complementary media services with our friends at Living Memories, providing memory trigger content for dementia patients utilising Tripleplay’s Mobile Video Streaming.
The key innovation in their work is looking at how video can help dementia sufferers become more alert and aware, using video content from a person’s past to help ‘exercise’ memory.
We will continue to support St Monica’s and their team to utilise the Tripleplay’s digital signage platform for advertising businesses on site and in the Keynsham area, to help ensure they grow their client base and exploit their services to residents and visitors. The platform is also used as the day-to-day live broadcast TV delivery mechanism, providing a personal and branded experience for every resident on site.
• Reception Screen - Welcoming residents and visitor, providing daily events and information
• Care Home simple TV interface, Information Services for Residents, Visitors & Care Home Staff
• Cinema with routed services for IPTV, Movies, Presentations and Meetings
• Public area Information Services with repeat information points
• Gym - IPTV, Gym Scheduled Events and Services
• Pool & Spa - Scheduled events and Services
• Set top boxes + Tripleplay services for up to 100 Residential Flats
• Training and Support